19th century medical practices - Dupuytren Museum + Orfila Museum + Collection Hôpital Saint-Louis, Paris.
Published in "Les Monstres", Martin Monestier / Édition du Pont-Neuf.
Photographs taken at the Dupuytren & Orfila Museum (Faculty of Medicine - rue des Saint-Pères, Paris).
The Dupuytren Museum was founded in 1835 at the same time as the Chair of Pathological Anatomy.
Wax (ceroplastic) parts had a didactic purpose for medical education, and in particular for pathologies & teratology (monstrosities).